AnneHannah

AnneHannah

Review: Deceived by Julie Anne Lindsey

Deceived - Julie Anne Lindsey

Uhhhhh....
The last part of the book was pretty good, but to get to it you have to wade through some pretty murky waters. I had a really hard time understanding what was going on for the majority of the book...and not in a good way. There were numerous times when I couldn't even figure out who was speaking, mainly because it wasn't clearly stated. It's not that I like the Bob said, "Such-n-such" style of writing, but there has to be more than just quotation marks letting me know that someone else is talking after a while. In little doses it's a good thing, but after a page or so? Well, I lose track of who is saying what. Especially if there are more than two people in the conversation.

In the beginning it was also had to swallow Elle's attraction to Brian, mainly because she was so frightened of him. I didn't understand how she could switch gears that fast. She would be almost ready to pass out from a panic attack (because she was convinced he was a dangerous stalker), but she was simultaneously blushing and feeling butterflies in her stomach?
Oh God! I think he's going to kill me!
*swoon*
He's so gorgeous!
That just wouldn't happen. I've known quite a few guys who were extremely attractive, but they gave the the creeps. So. While I recognized they were good-looking, nothing fluttered around my abdomen except that tingly Danger! Danger! feeling. And honestly, that's more of a churning nausea than a tingle.
Bad-Boys? Yes please!
Showing-Up-At-Odd-Times-Stalker-Boys? No thank you.
There's nothing sexy about a guy that you think might stuff you in his trunk. And even if you're not right when your gut is telling you some dude is a possible creeper, you're not going to get a warm fuzzy feeling in your tummy if you find him lurking in the shadows.
Ever.
P.S.-Even if he's not planning to ask you to 'put the lotion in the basket', there's a reason your instincts are giving off a warning vibe. Trust your gut, ladies.

There were manymanymany other parts of the story that didn't add up...even at the end, but I would have to give spoilers to point them out. And there's no point in reading a mystery/thriller if you already know all the secrets, right?
If you can make it through the first 70% of the story, the rest of the book is very readable. At that point I got sucked into it, and flew through till the end.
Would I recommend it?
But if you're a fan of YA mysteries then you might enjoy this more than I did.

Source: http://www.addicted2heroines.com/2013/10/review-deceived-by-julie-anne-lindsay.html